Assessment & Registration
To be registered with Better Start your child eligibility needs to be assessed and confirmed by the Registration and Information Service.
This assessment can be face-to-face, via telephone, webcam, email or a video link. At the assessment meeting, the child's parent or carer will need to show the following documents to the Registration and Information Adviser:
- Proof of the child’s age, preferably their birth certificate or passport
- Written confirmation of diagnosis (noting the eligibility thresholds)
- Proof of residential status (if applicable)
- Proof of residential address (where applicable, to ensure outer-regional and remote access payment – this could be a recent bill or similar)
- The child’s Centrelink-generated customer reference number (CRN). You can obtain a CRN by attending your nearest Centrelink Customer Service Centre or by phoning Centrelink on 136 150, or by logging on to mygov.
When your child's eligibility is confirmed, they will be registered for Better Start funding promptly. To understand how to utilise Better Start funding, network with other families and carers, and learn about the NDIS ECEI transition, please contact the Better Start team in your state or territory and register to attend a FREE Early Days Moving Forward workshop.
More information on registration can be found via the Better Start Registration and Information Pack